Thursday, January 28, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In


I know, I know... I said I would update every Monday with my current weight loss and here it is, Thursday. Although I didn't update my blog as much as I wanted to, I did manage to get to the gym four times last week. I wasn't able to do as much as I had hoped to but, I am willing to cut myself a little slack since it was my first week. According to my bathroom scale I weighed 166.0 lbs on Monday morning, a bit shy of my two pound goal but, not a bad start. This week I plan to hit the gym hard and get below the 165 mark by Monday.

I haven't mentioned it before, but part of the whole reason I am trying to get more active is because of my kids. I have two boys, 6 and 5, and a 3 year old daughter. I became aware a few months ago that even though we have over two acres of land with plenty of lawn for playing soccer and some great hiding places for hide-and-seek, my kids spend almost no time outside. Some of my favorite memories as a kid revolve around playing with the other kids in my neighborhood; tag, handball, dodge ball, racing bikes, you name it. I feel that I have done my kids a great disservice by not exposing them to the outdoors more.

So, I have updated my goals to include at least two major outdoor activities each weekend. This week I plan on taking the kids for a short day hike around the wildlife refuge. I can't believe I have lived in the middle of the wilds for three and a half years and haven't gone on a single hike. That is something I definitely plan on changing this year.

1 comment:

  1. I too live in a "Misery"-esque house in the middle of a forest yet I don't go on nearly as many hikes as one would tink. Too cold!

    When it gets warmer, I promise I will go a-walkin' more often (empty promise).

    ReplyDelete