Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In

Ok, so one of my New Years resolutions was to get down to a 30" waist (or better) from my current 34ish" stature. Thus, 'cause I know you really care, every Monday I will post my progress in my continuing battle of the bulge.

To start things off; my current weight is 167.2lbs (75.84kg for those in countries without antiquated measurement systems) and my waist is, as stated previously, 34ish". My goal for this week is to lose approx 2lbs (.9kg).

My plan is to go to the gym at least five times a week, not an easy task with three young kids and a wife with a busy social schedule. My workout schedule for the next two months goes like this: half hour of cardio, 10 minutes of stretching ('cause, oy vey, I can barely reach my shins much less my toes!) followed by

Day 1: Dumbbell bench press, Incline bench press, Triceps dips, Skull crushers, two ab exercises, and two lower back exercises.

Day 2: Wide grip pull-ups, Seated row, One arm dumbbell row, Standing barbell curl, two ab exercises, and two lower back exercises.

Day 3: 45 degree leg press, Leg extension, Leg curl, Military press, Dumbbell lateral raise, two ab exercises, and two lower back exercises.

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Typically there are few people at my gym at any given time so I can do two exercises at once with different muscle groups, interleaving reps, so I can keep my heart rate up. Of course since I am tyring to lose weight and I am not looking to really bulk up I will be going for more reps (12-15 in 3 sets) with lower weight.

Oh, and because I am a computer geek by profession, and not an athelete by any streach of the imagination, I am open to suggestions or tips from any gym-rats out there who may be reading. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! Your goalz are admirable but not delusional! Huzzah for health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for you! 5 days a week sounds ambitious, so don't beat yourself up if you skip a day here or there.

    Go Nico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you neglected to specify your height! 167lb and a 34" waist sound pretty darn good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin: let's just say that at 5'5" with a 34" waist I look more like a hobbit than Elijah Wood ever did. :)

    ReplyDelete